Some instructors have set up student dropboxes for their courses so that students can upload speeches or other multimedia assignments. The handouts below will help you record and submit your Panopto-based assignments. The Panopto Recorder requires Windows 7 and up or Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and up.
Student Projects – Windows
- Panopto Recorder Setup (Windows) (PDF)
- Video Demo: How to Install the Panopto Recorder (Windows)
- Create a Student Presentation with the Recorder (Windows) (PDF)
- Video Demo: How to Make a Panopto Recording (Windows)
Student Projects – Mac
- Panopto Setup – Mac (PDF)
- Panopto for Mac Documentation (Panopto website)
- Video Demo: How to Make a Panopto Recording (Mac)
Already Have a Video Recorded?
Note: Do not use the Upload Video option if your assignment requires you to incorporate a PowerPoint presentation. Use the Panopto Recorder with the instructions in the previous section.
Recording on Other Devices
Note: The Panopto apps for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad can be used to make basic recordings (camera only). The Android app requires you to use your camera software on the phone to make the recording, and then select the file in the Panopto app. Learn more about the Panopto mobile app. Chromebooks cannot record to Panopto at this time, but they can play back videos.
If you need additional assistance with Panopto, please contact SCCOnline at email@example.com or call us during business hours at (864) 592-4961 or toll-free (888) 364-9080. Please do not contact Panopto directly as they will just refer your request back to SCCOnline.