| D2L Brightspace | Panopto |H5P| Honorlock |Respondus |
D2L Brightspace Basic Training
D2L Brightspace Basic Training is available in live hybrid sessions or fully online in D2L for all faculty.
Part 1 – D2L Basics
New to D2L? Here’s where you start! Learn the basics of setting up a course, communicating with students, adding content, and managing grades.
- Logging in and navigating D2L Brightspace
- Customizing the course banner and instructor information
- Preparing and uploading course materials for use online
- Adding resources from the World Wide Web or your textbook
- Communicate with students through Announcements, Calendar, and E-mail
- Set up and manage student grades
- Submit never attends and final grades
- Online accessibility
Thu. 1/6 from 2:00-4:00pm via Zoom and fully online anytime in the Training tab in D2L
Part 2 – D2L Online Classroom Tools
Online courses are more than just content! D2L has tools to help you interact and engage with your students.
- Set up and use Discussions in D2L Brightspace
- Schedule live meetings or virtual office hours with the Virtual Classroom Tool
- Create Assignment dropboxes for student work to be submitted online, collected in the classroom, or observed in-person
- Use the Groups tool for group assignments, discussions, or targeted instruction
- Use Intelligent Agents to automatically send reminders to students who fail to log in or miss assignments
Fri. 1/20 from 9:00-10:30am via Zoom
D2L Online Tests
Whether you wish to create a pop quiz, chapter test, or your final exam, D2L is a very flexible tool for creating online assessments. Topics covered include:
- Overview of question types
- Entering new questions
- Reusing questions from another test
- Setting dates, times, and other test settings
- When to use Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Tips for importing publisher test banks
- Accessing Student and Question Statistics
Fri. 1/13 from 9:00-11:00am via Zoom
Introduction to Panopto
Learn how to create your own video presentations or classroom recordings, incorporate screen captures and PowerPoint files, and share them.
Self-paced online available in D2L.
H5P: Interactive Content Made Easy
Increase student engagement by incorporating H5P in your D2L course. Learn how to create easy H5P activities from scratch or locate existing ones in SCC and worldwide repositories. You’ll see examples of how H5P is used at SCC and tips
Self-paced online available in D2L.
Honorlock training is available from the Discover tool in D2L anytime.
Respondus Test Editor Instructor Training (webinar)
Create and edit online tests in a user-friendly environment. Easily created printed versions of online tests, including multiple versions and answer keys. Convert tests from Microsoft Word or other online course systems. Access publisher tests through the Respondus Test Bank Network.
Register now (select Brightspace/Desire2Learn as the learning management system)
LockDown Browser (webinar)
Learn the basics of Respondus LockDown Browser, a test security tool that is ideal for tests given in the SCC Testing Center or an on-campus computer lab. LockDown prevents access to other websites, computer programs, copy/paste, and printing. It may also be used to lock down test results with answers. LockDown does not use webcam monitoring, so Honorlock is a better choice for off-campus use.
Note: The workshop also covers Respondus Monitor, which SCC no longer licenses.
View dates/times and register now (select Brightspace/Desire2Learn as the learning management system)
Sign Up for a Workshop
Click here if the form does not properly display or better mobile viewing