| D2L Brightspace | Panopto | Respondus |
New to D2L? Here’s where you start! Learn the basics of setting up a course, communicating with students, adding content, and managing grades.
- Logging in and navigating D2L Brightspace
- Customizing the course banner and instructor information
- Preparing and uploading course materials for use online
- Adding resources from the World Wide Web or your textbook
- Communicate with students through Announcements, Calendar, and E-mail
- Set up and manage student grades
- Submit never attends and final grades
- Online accessibility
Wed. 1/8 1-4pm (Library Instruction Room)
Sat. 1/11 11:25am-12:25pm and 1:15-3:15pm (Library Instruction Room)*
Fri. 1/17 9am-12pm (Library Instruction Room)
D2L Online Classroom Tools
Online courses are more than just content! D2L has tools to help you interact and engage with your students.
- Set up and use Discussions in D2L Brightspace
- Schedule live meetings or virtual office hours with the Virtual Classroom Tool
- Create Assignment dropboxes for student work to be submitted online, collected in the classroom, or observed in-person
- Use the Groups tool for group assignments, discussions, or targeted instruction
- Use Intelligent Agents to automatically send reminders to students who fail to log in or miss assignments
Thurs. 1/9 12-2pm (Library Instruction Room)
Fri. 1/31 9-11am (Library Instruction Room)
D2L Online Tests and Surveys
Whether you wish to create a pop quiz, chapter test, or your final exam, D2L is a very flexible tool for creating online assessments. Topics covered include:
- Overview of question types
- Entering new questions
- Reusing questions from another test
- Setting dates, times, and other test settings
- When to use Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Tips for importing publisher test banks
- Accessing Student and Question Statistics
Thu. 8/15 2:15-4:15pm (Library Instruction Room)
Fri. 2/7 9-11am (Library Instruction Room)
Introduction to Panopto
Learn how to create your own video presentations or classroom recordings, incorporate screen captures and PowerPoint files, and share them.
Fri. 1/10 11:30am-1:00pm (Library Instruction Room)
- Edit your presentations
- Create index points in long videos for easier navigation
- Add captions to your videos
- Add links to websites, YouTube videos, and PDF files in your presentations
- Use Panopto class folders for online speeches or presentations for class presentations
Panopto Basic Training Webinars (monthly)
These are similar to the workshops above, but are not hands-on and do not include SCC-specific information. Use the link below to check upcoming times and register.
Respondus Test Editor and LockDown Browser
Respondus Instructor Training (webinar)
Create and edit online tests in a user-friendly environment. Easily created printed versions of online tests, including multiple versions and answer keys. Convert tests from Microsoft Word or other online course systems.
Using the Respondus Test Bank Network (webinar)
Respondus offers test banks for many textbooks. This is often easier than using programs such as ExamView and TestGen to import into Brightspace.
LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor (webinar)
(Note: SCC does not currently license Monitor)
Upcoming dates/times and registration for Respondus webinars (when asked for learning management system, please select Brightspace/Desire2Learn).